Friday, January 17, 2014

Easy Mini Meatball Subs

O, Islanders. I've been really emotional about Olivia's first birthday.
To know that she's gone from our little peanut to a wiggly noodle is just crazy to me.  I know what you're thinking and YES, I've been through this with Munch.  NO, she's not my baby BUT...
Isn't that what coffee tables are for?  Crawling tunnels?
I thought time would've slowed down by now... that 'Liv would be a baby for longer.  After all, I know how to sit still and enjoy babies now… I was careful not to rush her to the next milestone, she was always fine in all her baby glory. 

Munch leaning into the playpen to steal kisses before bedtime.  Yes, 'Liv has to sleep in Munch's room when she visits with us.
Despite my best efforts, God gave Time a different plan.  Olivia's turning one whether I like it or not.
Wait.  Islanders, didn't I say not to talk about it in yesterday's post?!
Moving on...
I've been nostalgic and stalking my own photos from the baby shower (read the posts here).  While reading the posts, I realized I've never shared one of my easy party menu items.
Mini Meatball Subs
I love meatballs.  Seriously, I love them so much that I have several recipes (the Hawaiian, the grape jelly, the BBQ, the marinara, the hand-rolled, the cheese-filled, the gravy, etc.)
They're just an easy crowd-pleasing comfort food.  For the Made In Paris shower, I wanted to provide bite-size food that didn't require a fork.  I also wanted food that was equally as cute as it was filling.  This EASY meatball sub recipe is my go-to for events of this sort all the time!
Ingredients
- Meatballs (sold in the freezer section)
- Spaghetti sauce
- Dinner rolls
- Provolone cheese
Step-by-Steps
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.  Place meatballs in a baking dish.
3. Bake meatballs for 15 minutes.
4.  Remove from oven and pour sauce over meatballs.  Stir to ensure sauce is evenly distributed.
5. Return to the oven for 30 minutes removing periodically to ensure sauce distribution.
6.  Remove meatballs from oven.
7. Slice each dinner roll on it's top.  I like to cut in the shape of the letter -V with the widest part at the top of the loaf.  Remove the excess bread and place a slice of cheese inside the roll (I use half slices for each sandwich).
8.  Place 2-3 meatballs in the "bun."
VOILA! 
Enjoy your easy and delicious mini meatball subs!
Photobucket
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

1 comment

  1. Hi Tabby,
    Your Meatball Subs look wonderful! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your post with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.