Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 - Life. Edited.



EDIT

That's my word for 2014.

I shifted from traditional New Year's resolutions a few years ago so, rather than create a list of things I want to change or try, I've chosen a word to help focus my goals for 2014.  The improvements I want to make in my life all seem to revolve around that word - edit.

2013 has been an amazing year but it has had its ups and downs.  I've edited my relationships with people - (whether permanent of temporarily) removing some I thought would be in my life forever, adjusting titles I passed out to others undeservingly and retreating to those who have always loved me for me, my family and my chosen family (friends).

I don't want to repeat mistakes… to relive self-inflicted pain… to set MYSELF up for failure.

In 2014, I want to live an EDITED life.

What does that mean to a busy, do-the-most, over-the-top chick with a personality like mine?

It means that I am not going to absorb the stress of others unnecessarily, I'm not going to hyper-extend myself unnecessarily, I am going to learn that it's ok to say no… sometimes.  I won't be embarrassed to find a sitter in the name of time with my husband.  As a family, we'll do less in an effort to be more (for and to each other).

I'll edit my thoughts to focus on what really matters.

I'll continue to be a friend who seeks to find the best in those around me and I'll edit my circle of friends to surround myself with like-minded people.

Most importantly, I'll edit my schedule to make more time for my faith - bible study, devotionals and improved worship.



2013 was a great year but I can't blink my eye to the mountains I faced.  I am not the same person.  I have changed and, in 2014, I will continue to edit myself with the hopes of becoming the best me yet.


What's your word for 2014?   

...

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.