Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thrifty Thrills - Gold Finds

Howdy, Islanders!

Yesterday's Wordless Wednesday was a hint into my latest addiction.  I have a thing with metallic decor and, more specifically, GOLD decor.  Don't get me wrong, I love all metallics but gold makes my heart sing!


That beautiful sconce caught my eye at The Village thrift store a few weeks ago.  I tried to leave it but when I picked it up and those tassels dangled down, I 'bout passed out.  It was heavy so I know it's of a nice quality and it's so unique I put it in the cart.


For a few minutes, I actually debated whether to purchase but the $4.90 price tag wasn't nearly as high as I knew it could've been.  It sat on Munch's floor for weeks and finally, earlier this week, I hung it in her room entrance.



The rose gold floor lamp... OH, how I love the unique color and design.


I saw it leaning at The Village and had to get it.  Right now, it's standing beside an armchair I got FOR FREE from a Facebook friend who was moving.  I'll share pics of the area but today?  It's alllll about that lamp!


Can you believe it was a 50% off day and I got the lamp for less than $5?!


How great is that?!

The next thrifty find is small but packs a big design punch.


This small container sits on Munch's craft table and holds her small supplies.  I fell in love with the details of it and I love how understated yet fabulous it is!  Speaking of Munchface's room and gold, check out the brass letter I found for $2.


It was made in India and weighs a few pounds; it's actually super heavy!  It, much like the gold container, is a wonderful small decor detail that helps to set the tone in Munch's Paris-themed room.  These pieces are timeless and will surely grow with Munch as she gets older!

This isn't the first time I've noticed a trend in my decor choices.  For a while, if it were chevron, I needed it... pillows, rugs, artwork.  Then, there was the bird phase; if it had a bird on it, I needed it in my house.  Don't mention the gray phase or the turquoise phase.  Islanders, you've been along with me while we work through my design challenges.  I really feel like I'm at a good place with my decor decisions.  I just need an infinite budget! HAHA!

No, seriously.  Stop laughing. I don't need no stinkin' budget!

Hey, have you noticed a trend in your purchases?

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. So, I'm loving your blog! We just moved into an apt. & you have so many great posts for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Minnie Mouse First Birthday Party

Islanders, the day had finally come to celebrate my sweet god baby turning one.  Hosted from Melina's parents' home, the party was a...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.