Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9 - Coupon Cleaning!


I have friends who are *like* boss with the whole coupon thing.  Once, I was bit with the bug to clip and save so I bought one of those I-coupon-and-I'm-good-at-it little organizer things from the Target dollar bins.   It was pink.  I liked it.  I couldn't, however, remember to use it before I paid for items.  It was always too late... I'd recommend a restaurant because I had a BOGO deal and, after we were on the way home, I'd realize we paid full price.  

Tabitha, you're a GOOFBALL.

It didn't take long for Hubbs to tell me I couldn't use them to know coupons and I weren't meant to be.  I do, however, still look at them... I even open the valu-pak mailers that come with coupons for local businesses.  Recently, my dear friend, Deb, called to tell me that she found coupons in the valu-pak for a package deal covering carpet shampooing, air vent cleaning AND a dryer cleaning for *drumroll please*

$59!!!!!

I called the number and grilled the sales associate because it seemed unreal and I confirmed that it's REAL!  Mountain Air Duct Services, among other companies, is offering this amazing deal.  Call them at 877.358.3828 to see if they're offering the deal in your area... If not, check your valu-pak mailer for other companies offering seasonal deals.

My appointment is scheduled for November 2nd and you can bet I will report back on the quality of work!  On my journey to improving our home, maintenance like this is a given but this deal?! Totally worth sharing...

I happy-danced. I two-stepped.  I squealed. I --told Hubbs and he acted like I was speaking another language... I swear all he heard was dollar signs so I didn't tell him I got it for cheap... WHAT?! Let him sweat, lol.  CHA-CHING!

I mentioned earlier that our month-long home improvement series will cover my reconnection with this man in the very near future.  Don't worry, all is well on the home front and things are moving in the right direction...  I just want to wait until I can give a full update.

 
When do you have your annual vent and flooring cleaning done?  In the fall or spring?

You know what? It doesn't matter, everyday is an opportunity to make a house your home.

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.