Happy Friday, Islanders!
I'm working on a bridal shower for a dear friend and, while scrolling through my photo files, I stumbled upon some crafts I've done but haven't shared.
In honor of Frugal Friday, I'd like to share a quick and affordable photo backdrop tutorial.
The Polka Dot Backdrop
- Banner paper (at Walmart for $7)
- Acrylic Paint in event-coordinating colors
- 20 oz bottle tops (or round sponge brushes)
- paper plates
1. Roll your paper out in the desired length. I used about 25 feet (then cut it in 5-foot increments before hanging).
2. Pour paint onto paper plates.
3. Use the bottle caps to create dots. To vary the size of the dots, move your hand in a circular motion and slowly expand the size of your circles.
4. Repeat with all colors
5. Allow 30 minutes to dry. Then cut into 4-5 ft. long strips and hang on the wall.
To see more from Sheena's About to Pop shower, visit her blog.