Friday, March 15, 2013

Craft Vault - An Easy Photo Backdrop

Happy Friday, Islanders!

I'm working on a bridal shower for a dear friend and, while scrolling through my photo files, I stumbled upon some crafts I've done but haven't shared.

In honor of Frugal Friday, I'd like to share a quick and affordable photo backdrop tutorial.

The Polka Dot Backdrop

Supplies

- Banner paper (at Walmart for $7)
- Acrylic Paint in event-coordinating colors
- 20 oz bottle tops (or round sponge brushes)
- paper plates

Steps

1.  Roll your paper out in the desired length.  I used about 25 feet (then cut it in 5-foot increments before hanging).

2.  Pour paint onto paper plates.


3.  Use the bottle caps to create dots.  To vary the size of the dots, move your hand in a circular motion and slowly expand the size of your circles.  


4.  Repeat with all colors


5.  Allow 30 minutes to dry.  Then cut into 4-5 ft. long strips and hang on the wall.


6.  Enjoy!



To see more from Sheena's About to Pop shower, visit her blog.

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. This is such a creative idea, I love the color choice.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.