Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 18 - Pre-Owned and Pretty



Howdy, islanders!! Can you tell I'm happy today?! Not just because it's Friday Eve but because it's Thrifty Thursday!

Seriously, I saved a butt load of money on today's outfit and I must share!  

I needed to find an appropriate outfit for mom's retro birthday party so I headed to Unique, a fabulous thrift store located in northern Virginia.  While shopping, I not only purchased two options for the party but this outfit as well:


Ann Taylor pink satin shirt (with the $60 retail tag) - $2.99
Chadwicks houndstooth pencil skirt - $4.99

Total: $8 

For a fabulous outfit for work? 


SOLD!

I'm also excited that I finally pulled out my Colin Stuart retro-inspired pumps to wear with my thrifty threads.  UGH, Hubbs can't stand them and I've never worn them... BUT I've always loved them so, I wore them.  Heck, I didn't just wear them, I OWNED them when I wore them!


Polished. Professional. Pre-owned. PRETTY!

Something about owning my style and feeling comfortable in my own skin makes me feel ready to take on the world!  A huge part to taking back my home life is taking care of me.  When Mama is happy, everyone is happy, right?!

My home and I are works in progress... It's a slow process but it's happening.

Do you shop the thrift stores?  Do you have any good finds to share?

Happy Thrifty Thursday!

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. $8 for a work outfit--that's crazy! You must have a really good eye for finding bargains in thrift stores. I usually stick to accessories like necklaces and scarves. Why in the world doesn't your husband like your pumps? They're super cute.

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete

Minnie Mouse First Birthday Party

Islanders, the day had finally come to celebrate my sweet god baby turning one.  Hosted from Melina's parents' home, the party was b...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.