Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 22 - Sippin' & Savin'


I have a co-worker.  She's a mom.  One of those got-it-going-on-and-all-together kind of moms. 

Every morning, she happily sips a smoothie.  Hmm, I like smoothies BUT seriously, do I have time to mix up a smoothie? With yogurt and fruit and UGH.  So, I asked Ms. Got-it-together how she does it.

She said that she mixes the night before and places it in the freezer overnight.  The next day, she just grabs it from the fridge before she leaves for the office.  Good idea, right? Well, I tried it and eh, it didn't work for me. The texture of a thawing smoothie was all wrong for me BUT I did find a way to make it easier.

Hiding out in the freezer section are ready-made smoothies that ONLY require 1 cup of juice.  Simply gather your supplies:


Dump the packet contents into the mixer:


Pour your juice over it and blend:


I love the personal mixer I bought(from Walmart) because it makes life even easier! I just remove it from the base and replace the blade top with the drinking top.

Voila!  An easy healthy breakfast option for mama that saves me time and money? Sounds like a win-win.  Think about it, starting my day right makes me more productive... Sipping a smoothie on my way to work just makes me feel like I've escaped to a vacation... I'm a lot happier on my way to work and, as we've discussed throughout this series, happy mama = happy life.

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. I'm always looking for quick and easy breakfast ideas! Even without kids, I don't have a lot of time in the mornings, so this is great! Found your blog through the blog hop on TFDiaries!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.