AND NO. I don't care how great the reviews are, I'm NOT talking about canned chili! This month's challenge has forced me to LOOK for cool things at DT. It's been fun! While searching, I scanned the food aisles and this McCormick seasoning packet caught my eye.
I followed all of the directions only adding a little garlic powder and finely diced onions after my turkey was browned in the pan. OMG! I was surprised by the flavor; this stuff was SO good!
Bonus: I served it in one of my blates (remember? bowl+plate = blate!).
DT locations with refrigerator sections sell most of your favorite chili fixin's (jalapenos, sour cream, shredded cheese, etc.) so, if your budget allows and your preference is to do it, feel free to jazz it up! Whatever you do, trust a name like McCormick and give this recipe a try! Other ideas for this recipe include:
- Add 4 cups of cheese and finely sliced jalapenos for a great dip!
- Add macaroni for a homemade dish similar to hamburger helper
- Serve over corn bread (I love the idea of muffins or mini corn breads for entertaining)
- This is a thicker chili recipe. Add it to a bowl surrounded by chips for a cool take on party serving!
- Cook then spoon into a cupcake pan (with lining) and top with a biscuit for a cute presentation
- Prepare 1 (8 1/2 oz) box of corn muffin mix according to instructions, mix in 1 cup of cheese. When your chili is done, place dollops of mix on top. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes (until muffins are cooked).
Oh and in case you're wondering, you can find these packets everywhere for more! Walmart has them priced at $1.68 and that's less than most grocery stores! So, you're saving and getting a great meal out of the deal!