We're continuing our 31 Days of Change series. New to the island? You can learn more here.
I'm always impressed when I visit the grocery aisles at the Dollar Tree (DT). I recently discovered their Betty Crocker cookie mixes. They make 12 cookies each and I was so excited because they are the perfect size for us. We only like fresh-baked cookies so having leftover dough is always a challenge for us... we're the people who'd rather bake 6 cookies everyday than have cold or crunchy cookies for a week. Weird, I know.
YEARS ago, like in 2011, I was challenged to recreate a picture someone saw online with oreos stuffed inside of a chocolate chip cookie. Rather than use a from-scratch recipe, I used a roll of dough to create one of the quickest and most indulgent sweets *like* ever.
Each serving was TECHNICALLY three cookies - 2 chocolate chip dough balls covering one Oreo. It's delicious and filling and yummy and today, I'm sharing a remixed version using supplies from DT.
- 1 pack of chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 box of brownies (they had the family size at DT!)
- 1 sleeve of Oreos (10 cookies per pack OR you can get an entire pack of DT brand cookies)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Prepare cookie dough according to package directions
3. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. I found a 6-cup muffin tin at my local thrift store; I was excited to finally use the monster-sized pan for something!
4. Divide your dough among the muffin tin. Munch insisted we flatten the dough to fit each cup like so:
5. Top each muffin cup with one Oreo.
7. Cover each muffin cup with brownie batter until it is 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
*tip: BEFORE YOUR CUPCAKES COOL, use a knife to outline the cupcakes to quickly separate the cupcake from the tin. This will make removal easier*
9. ENJOY the yumminess!!!
If you're like Hubbs and can't wait a few minutes for them to cool before you devour them, you're in for a BURNING surprise! Don't be fooled by the quickly cooled brownie top, this is a dense treat with multiple layers to cool! Give it 10-15 minutes. I promise they will be just as gooey and yummy!
Now, tell the truth. Do you get the name now? A Chocolate Chip Brookie-reo. It totally makes sense, right? No?!
Fine. Make some for yourself and try to describe the yumminess. Let me know what you come up with and SAVE on your budget by getting ALL of your supplies from DT!